The LEARNOSITY GROUP, including its entities (“LEARNOSITY”), is committed to respecting your privacy and to comply with applicable data protection and privacy laws and regulations across the EEA, UK and USA.
“Personal Data” means information relating to you or another identifiable individual.
We may provide you additional privacy information to this Policy via supplements and other notices. If there is a difference between such notices and this Policy, the notices should be considered first.
Our products, services and websites may contain links to other companies’ websites and services that have privacy policies of their own. LEARNOSITY is not responsible for the privacy practices of others and we recommend you read their privacy notices.
2. What Personal Data does LEARNOSITY collect?
LEARNOSITY collects Personal Data directly from you as well as from other available sources to the extent relevant and permitted by applicable local law. Subject to applicable local law and practice, the categories of Personal Data that are typically collected and processed in the recruitment context are:
- Information you provide: When you apply for a position in our recruitment management system or otherwise interact with LEARNOSITY (either directly or through an agency or other third party), you may be asked to provide LEARNOSITY with your information, such as:
- your name, street address, telephone number and email address and other contact details;
- your competencies, skills, experience and education, e.g. your CV or resume, previous employments, educational details and qualifications, third party references.
- your preferences, e.g. preferred country of employment, areas of interest as well as your preferred ways to be contacted by LEARNOSITY; as well as
- Your Australian, EU or US work right status
- your user identity, e.g. usernames and other such information used in connection with authenticating you.
- Other information, such as information found from public sources as well as information related to security checks depending on the position you are applying for, and where necessary for the recruitment activities.
3. What will LEARNOSITY do with your Personal Data?
LEARNOSITY will collect, use, store and otherwise process your Personal Data for the purposes of LEARNOSITY’s recruitment or resourcing activities. Additionally, your personal data may be processed for other purposes you have consented to. Whenever necessary and subject to statutory record-keeping requirements, LEARNOSITY will delete and/or anonymize Personal Data that are no longer needed. If there has not been any recent activity on your profile, we may delete your profile after a reasonable time in compliance with applicable laws.
LEARNOSITY will process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Communicating with you, in context of recruitment activities, such as:
- To obtain additional information where necessary;
- To inform you of available vacancies;
- To provide you with information relating to your application and to fulfill your requests.
- Managing recruitment and resourcing activities, including activities related to organizational planning. In the course of recruitment activities, we may use your information:
- To set up and conduct interviews and assessments;
- To evaluate, select and recruit applicants;
- To conduct background checks and assessments as required or permitted by applicable local law;
- To contact third party references provided by you to evaluate your previous performances.
- Or as otherwise necessary in the context of recruitment activities.
- Development of services:
- We may use your Personal Data to develop and improve our recruitment processes, websites and other related services. Where feasible, we use aggregated anonymous information in the context of the development activities.
- Legal and regulatory compliance, including obtaining and releasing Personal Data as required by law, judicial organizations or practice in order to comply with legal obligations imposed on us.
4. Transfer of your Personal Data
LEARNOSITY will not sell, lease, rent or otherwise disclose your Personal Data except as provided in this section:
- Consent: LEARNOSITY may share your Personal Data if you have given your informed consent for LEARNOSITY to do so.
- LEARNOSITY companies and authorized third parties: LEARNOSITY may share your Personal Data with authorized third parties who process Personal Data for LEARNOSITY for the purposes described in this Policy or otherwise provide recruitment related services to LEARNOSITY. In such cases, LEARNOSITY will ensure that there is a genuine need to transfer your Personal Data.
Authorized third parties include, for example, recruiting systems providers, professional advisors, external legal counsel, background and security check reporting agencies, and other third party suppliers.
Authorized third parties may technically have access to your Personal Data in the course of providing their services but will be contractually restricted from processing your Personal Data for other purposes. LEARNOSITY also requires them to act consistently with this Policy and to use appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Data.
- International transfers of Personal Data: LEARNOSITY is a global company that has affiliates, business processes, management structures and technical systems that cross national borders. This means that your Personal Data may be transferred across international borders to countries other than the one where you are applying to as an applicant. Such other countries do not always have equivalent laws providing specific protection for, or rights in relation to, Personal Data or they have different rules on privacy and data protection. LEARNOSITY takes steps to ensure that there is a legal basis for such a transfer and that adequate protection for your Personal Data is provided as required by applicable local law. Such steps include, for example, the use of standard agreements approved by relevant authorities and the requirement to use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your Personal Data. By providing information to LEARNOSITY subject to this Policy, you consent to the transfer of your Personal Data as described in this section.
- Mandatory disclosures: LEARNOSITY may be required by or under mandatory law to disclose your Personal Data to certain authorities or other third parties, for example, to government agencies responsible for the employment activities, statistical information or to the police or other law enforcement agencies, for example in the context of conducting a background check.
- Mergers and acquisitions: where LEARNOSITY takes steps to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize its businesses in certain countries, this may involve disclosing Personal Data to prospective or actual purchasers and their advisers. In such circumstances, LEARNOSITY will take all reasonable steps to ensure that appropriate measures to protect Personal Data are taken by such prospective or actual purchasers and their advisors.
- Other: LEARNOSITY may also disclose and otherwise process your Personal Data in accordance with applicable law to defend LEARNOSITY’s legitimate interests, for example, in civil or criminal legal proceedings.
5. What steps are taken to safeguard Personal Data?
Privacy and security are key considerations for LEARNOSITY. We have assigned specific responsibilities to address privacy and security related matters. We enforce our internal policies and guidelines through an appropriate selection of activities, including proactive and reactive risk management, security and privacy engineering, training and assessments. We take appropriate steps to address online security, physical security, the risk of data loss and other such risks taking into consideration the risk represented by the processing and the nature of the data being protected. Also, we limit access to our databases containing personal data to authorized persons having a justified need to access such information.
6. Data Quality
We take reasonable steps to keep the personal data we possess accurate and to delete incorrect or unnecessary personal data. We encourage you to access your personal data by contacting us from time to time to ensure that it is up to date. To the extent permitted or required by applicable local law or subject to your consent, we may use public sources in order to verify that Personal Data we hold is correct.
7. Your Rights
With respect to the processing of your Personal Data, you will always have the rights as provided by applicable local law. In addition, this Policy provides you with the right to know what personal data we hold about you; to request incomplete, incorrect, unnecessary or outdated personal data deleted or updated as well as to object to LEARNOSITY’s processing of your Personal Data on compelling legitimate grounds.
There may be certain categories of information prescribed by applicable local law that LEARNOSITY may lawfully withhold. If LEARNOSITY declines to provide access to any of the Personal Data you request, you will be provided with the reasons for such a decision.
You are encouraged to contact LEARNOSITY should you wish to access, view or edit your profile. You may also request to delete your entire profile by contacting the LEARNOSITY data privacy team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case you revoke your consent or object to certain processing activities or delete your profile completely, LEARNOSITY may be unable to continue the recruitment process with you.
8. Whom to contact?
LEARNOSITY is the controller of your Personal Data. If you have any queries about your Personal Data, contact the LEARNOSITY data privacy team.
If you want to exercise your rights as described in the previous section of this Policy you may make a request in writing through provided contacts or channels.
LEARNOSITY may need to identify you and to ask for additional information to be able to fulfill your request. LEARNOSITY will fulfill your request within the timeframes required by applicable local law or, in the absence of such timeframes, within a reasonable time.
You may also contact LEARNOSITY if you have any queries concerning Privacy matters. Such queries and concerns may be made or reported in writing to the below postal or email address:
LEARNOSITY PRIVACY TEAM
Smithfield Business Center,
The Distillers Building,
New Church Street,
Dublin 7, Ireland
9. Changes to this Policy
LEARNOSITY may from time to time change this Policy. However, if this Policy is changed in a material, adverse way, LEARNOSITY will post a notice advising of such change at the beginning of this Policy and on this site’s careers page for 30 days. We recommend that you revisit this Policy from time to time to learn of any such changes to this Policy.